Reference Date? What reference date?
Reasonable endeavours versus best endeavours
10 Apr 2017
Piper Alderman's Best Lawyers in Australia 2017
The depth and breadth of Piper Alderman’s team in Australia has been recognised in this year’s Best Lawyers® list.
In total, 23 of our lawyers across over 25 legal areas have been voted amongst the best in the country with a strong presence in the corporate and commercial law, property, employment relations and litigation along with some of the specialist areas such as Agriculture & Rural Affairs, Government Practice and Hospitality and Tourism law, to name just a few.
The Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on feedback from our peers within the legal industry.
Managing Partner, Tony Britten-Jones said “Six weeks ago, we were named a winner in the 2017 Financial Review Client Choice Awards and now to have so many of our partners recognised as Best Lawyers in Australia demonstrate that it is not just our clients who rank us highly, but also our peers.
This is an outstanding achievement for all those ranked in this year’s Best Lawyers legal directory. It is a testament to their experience, client service and market reputation”.
The annual Best Lawyers report also named 3 Piper Alderman Partners as ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in their areas of law:
- Simon Venus - Commercial Law
- Erin McCarthy - Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Ashley Watson - Planning and Environmental Law
The full list of Piper Alderman’s Best Lawyers.
- Tony Abbott – Litigation and Trade Law
- Tony Britten-Jones – Real Property Law and Leasing Law
- Tim Capelin – Labour & Employment Law
- James Dickson – Commercial Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Peter Dwyer – Commercial Law
- Geoff Emmett – Construction/Infrastructure Law
- Greg English - Commercial Law
- David Ey – Labour & Employment Law and Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Geoff Forbes – Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Mark Gordon – Banking & Finance Law and Corporate Law
- Sebastian Greene – Corporate Law
- Timothy Lange – Labour & Employment Law
- Michael Lhuede – Insolvency & Reorganization Law
- Erin McCarthy – Labour & Employment Law and Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Wally McDonald – Corporate Law, Government Practice and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Tim O'Callaghan – Intellectual Property Law
- Simon Venus – Agriculture & Rural Affairs, Commercial Law and Corporate Law
- Simon Ward – Defamation & Media Law and Litigation
- Ashley Watson – Mining Law, Planning & Environmental Law and Native Title Law
- Greg Whyte – Litigation
- Ted Williams – Alternative Dispute Resolution & Corporate/Governance Practice and Construction/Infrastructure Law
- Mark Williamson - Corporate Law, Equity Capital Markets Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Private Equity Law and Venture Capital Law
- Lexia Wilson – Real Property Law.